Google
 

Friday, June 4, 2010

Nikon D700, I want one!


Ok, I've decided to save up for a Nikon D700. I've got $275 saved so far, so I'm about 11% of the way there (if I bought it at B&H Photo and Video here). A full frame 12MP digital camera for less than $2,500? I'll take it! Scott Kelby thinks it's a hot camera. See his review here. And Thom Hogan also gives it good marks here. Shun Cheung has a thoughtful review here on photo.net. Rumors are that Nikon may come out with a new model (maybe with video?).


Now the only problem is that Apple came out with the new, cooler iPhone 4! Hmmmm... decisions, decisions! Would you pay this much for a camera body? Or would you stick with a D300s or D90? Tell me what you think!

10 comments:

Mahvash Saba said...

it was great !!!

Anonymous said...

chances are if you have to buy an extended warranty from someone other then Nikon themselves it's a gray market camera. Ask about the serial #, Nikon USA models begin with a #3, gray markets begin with #2...if you buy a gray market Nikon will not fix! Be smart and buy from a nikon dealer I got burned on my first SLR so be careful :)

Lee Lifeson said...

Yeah! I also want a D700, my friend just got one and it's so awesome.

WOW! I must say, these photos are nothing less than stunning! You really captured the waves well!

Picture Frames Online

Embassy Pro Books said...

You know it's funny, we always want the newest latest and greatest gear, stick with what you are comfortable with though, and go through a reputable dealer, because at such a price point, you want to make sure your bases are covered. Some of the best photos I have seen came from a photographer using a 10mp point and shoot!! Sometimes it's the eye of the professional and not the expensive camera.

muslin backdrops said...

I know that it sounds unlikely, but I've found high-quality, brand-name cameras on eBay for (obviously) drastically lowered prices. Have you considered that, or a similar site?

Matt Bamberg said...

Hope you can get it.

My next camera is going to be a Sony Alpha.

FalgonPhoto said...

I bought new Nikon D5100..Check out my photography...too

Zakee Muhammad said...

I am a wedding photographer and I have to say that this is the only camera that you will need. Its great in low light and its throws out some amazing images. You need 2 of these babies to make sure you don't miss a shot.

Yucel said...

You get the D700, or you putting the saved bread towards a D800?

windycitycameraphile said...

I think I need the D800 now! Donations, anyone?